Remember, this is Kate!’s last live webinar. I’m SO in, you?
What is You Night?
You night is a runway event hosted by my real life sister, Lisa, that gets beautiful women together who are breast cancer survivors to walk a runway as models. They are literally flooded with love and gifts as their friends and family show their support by attending and cheering them on. If all goes well, this year I will attend. This will probably be a sold out event so book your tickets early. If you’d like to sponsor, write me.
Congratulations Lisa McKenzie!
jbulie’s blog would like to extend a huge well earned mega congratulations to hardworking real life sister, Lisa, at OohLaBra.com. Lisa McKenzie supported by family and friends when awarded the first prize for the sales challenge presented by multinational player Silverline.
In March of this year there was a conference for entrepreneurs called NOEW that stands for New Orleans Entrepeneur Week. I was thrilled when my sister called to tell me that her company, Ooh La Bra was selected as a finalist for as the most innovate product.
That call put her into the top five contestants and eventual winner as an entrepreneur of the year for her original idea to have visible jeweled designer bra straps — an idea that is revolutionizing the way women wear their shoulder baring clothes.
She’s truly amazing to watch as her friends can attest. Right after winning she was contacted by ABC to be interviewed.
Event headliners include Walter Isaacson, President and CEO of Aspen Institute, Hamdi Ulukaya, President, Founder and CEO of Chobani Yogurt and Dana Mauriello, Director of New Business Opportunities for Etsy. Additionally, representatives from Fortune 500 companies, the most prominent venture capitalists, and notable entrepreneurs will be participating, including:
- Lisa McKenzie: Founder, President of Ooh La Bra
- Jim Coulter: Founding Partner, TPG Capital, L.P.
- Donna Fenn: author; contributing editor, Inc. Magazine
- Nick Friedman: Co-Founder, College Hunks Hauling Junk, College Hunks Moving
- Patti Greene: Professor Babson College; National Academic Director, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- David Hall: Revolution Ventures
- New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu
- Mary Matalin: Political Consultant
- Kathryn Minshew: Founder, The Muse
- Wendell Pierce: star of HBO’s hit show Treme
- Bridgette Sexton: Google for Entrepreneurs
- Margaret Spellings: Former U.S. Secretary of Education; Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Advisory Council
- Alan Weinkrantz: Global PR Expert
- Tina Wells: Founder, Buzz Marketing; Huffington Post blogger; Black Enterprise columnist
This year, NOEW gathered 3,000 of the nation’s most innovative business leaders, financiers, entrepreneurs, and students to support New Orleans entrepreneurs through over 55 events.
Highlights included Capital Pitch Competitions, which awarded prizes ranging from $100,000 to a personalized guided tour of Silicon Valley’s investment community, and an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Summit that will engage global partners to discuss best practices for sustaining entrepreneurial ecosystems.If you are a store owner and would like more information or to have a starter kit, please write firstname.lastname@example.org Recently featured as a seller at the Oscar Gifting suites. What is You Night?
You night is an event hosted by my real life sister, Lisa, that gets beautiful women together who are breast cancer survivors. They walk a runway as models and are literally flooded with love and gifts as their friends and family show their support.
by Julie Angelos