Congratulations Lisa McKenzie!
jbulie’s blog would like to extend a huge well earned mega congratulations to hardworking real life sister, Lisa, at OohLaBra.com. Lisa McKenzie supported by family and friends when awarded the first prize for the sales challenge presented by multinational player Silverline.
In March of this year there was a conference for entrepreneurs called NOEW that stands for New Orleans Entrepeneur Week. I was thrilled when my sister called to tell me that her company, Ooh La Bra was selected as a finalist for as the most innovate product.
That call put her into the top five contestants and eventual winner as an entrepreneur of the year for her original idea to have visible jeweled designer bra straps — an idea that is revolutionizing the way women wear their shoulder baring clothes.
In the following months, I watched my sister practice her pitch down to the last detail, including hair, makeup, market share and future projections.
She’s truly amazing to watch as her friends can attest.
To read more about the contest, follow my twitter feed by clicking here.
Right after winning she was contacted by ABC to be interviewed. You can read and see the interview by clicking here.
PR Newswire | February 25 | 12:52 AM EST
National business executives, entrepreneurs, MBAs, and globally renowned venture capitalists met for the Annual New Orleans Entrepreneur Week, NOEW to share best practices and celebrate innovation and entrepreneurship.
Event headliners include Walter Isaacson, President and CEO of Aspen Institute, Hamdi Ulukaya, President, Founder and CEO of Chobani Yogurt and Dana Mauriello, Director of New Business Opportunities for Etsy.
Additionally, representatives from Fortune 500 companies, the most prominent venture capitalists, and notable entrepreneurs will be participating, including:
- Lisa McKenzie: Founder, President of Ooh La Bra
- Jim Coulter: Founding Partner, TPG Capital, L.P.
- Donna Fenn: author; contributing editor, Inc. Magazine
- Nick Friedman: Co-Founder, College Hunks Hauling Junk, College Hunks Moving
- Patti Greene: Professor Babson College; National Academic Director, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- David Hall: Revolution Ventures
- New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu
- Mary Matalin: Political Consultant
- Kathryn Minshew: Founder, The Muse
- Wendell Pierce: star of HBO’s hit show Treme
- Bridgette Sexton: Google for Entrepreneurs
- Margaret Spellings: Former U.S. Secretary of Education; Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Advisory Council
- Alan Weinkrantz: Global PR Expert
- Tina Wells: Founder, Buzz Marketing; Huffington Post blogger; Black Enterprise columnist
New Orleans has one of the most dynamic and engaged entrepreneurial ecosystems in the world and NOEW is its premier showcase event.
NOEW is hosted each year by The Idea Village, a nonprofit that identifies, supports, and retains entrepreneurial talent in New Orleans. The week-long event is the culmination of The Idea Village’s nine month Entrepreneur Season attracting thousands of attendees.
This year, NOEW gathered 3,000 of the nation’s most innovative business leaders, financiers, entrepreneurs, and students to support New Orleans entrepreneurs through over 55 events.
Highlights included Capital Pitch Competitions, which awarded prizes ranging from $100,000 to a personalized guided tour of Silicon Valley’s investment community, and an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Summit that will engage global partners to discuss best practices for sustaining entrepreneurial ecosystems.If you are a store owner and would like more information or to have a starter kit, please write email@example.com
Recently featured as a seller at the Oscar Gifting suites. Click here to see.
by Julie Angelos