Save the Date, October 9th, 2014
You night is a runway event hosted by my real life sister Lisa. You Night is an spectacular, fun, laughter filled fashion runway show that gets beautiful women together who are cancer survivors and life thrivers to walk the catwalk as models.
These exceptional women are literally flooded with love and gifts as their friends and family show their support by attending and cheering them on.
If all goes well, this year I will attend. This will probably be a sold out event so book your tickets early. If you’d like to sponsor, let me know.
Lisa Wins NOEW
jbulie’s blog extends a huge well earned mega congratulations to hardworking real life sister, Lisa, at OohLaBra.com. Lisa McKenzie supported by family and friends when awarded the first prize for the sales challenge presented by multinational player Silverline at the recent NOEW conference in New Orleans, Louisiana in March.
Lisa Wins! Go Lisa!
NOEW stands for New Orleans Entrepeneur Week. I was thrilled when my sister called to tell me that her company, Ooh La Bra was selected as a finalist for having the most innovate product.
That call put her into the top five contestants and eventual winner as an entrepreneur of the year for her original idea to have visible jeweled designer bra straps — an idea that is revolutionizing the way women wear their shoulder baring clothes.
Event headliners included Walter Isaacson, President and CEO of Aspen Institute, Hamdi Ulukaya, President, Founder and CEO of Chobani Yogurt and Dana Mauriello, Director of New Business Opportunities for Etsy.
Representatives from Fortune 500 companies, the most prominent venture capitalists, and notable entrepreneurs included:
- Lisa McKenzie, Founder and President of Ooh La Bra
- Jim Coulter: Founding Partner, TPG Capital, L.P.
- Donna Fenn: author; contributing editor, Inc. Magazine
- Nick Friedman: Co-Founder, College Hunks Hauling Junk, College Hunks Moving
- Patti Greene: Professor Babson College; National Academic Director, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses
- David Hall: Revolution Ventures
- New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu
- Mary Matalin: Political Consultant
- Kathryn Minshew: Founder, The Muse
- Wendell Pierce: star of HBO’s hit show Treme
- Bridgette Sexton: Google for Entrepreneurs
- Margaret Spellings: Former U.S. Secretary of Education; Goldman Sachs 10,000 Small Businesses Advisory Council
- Alan Weinkrantz: Global PR Expert
- Tina Wells: Founder, Buzz Marketing; Huffington Post blogger; Black Enterprise columnist
Highlights included Capital Pitch Competitions, which awarded prizes ranging from $100,000 to a personalized guided tour of Silicon Valley’s investment community, and an Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Summit that will engage global partners to discuss best practices for sustaining entrepreneurial ecosystems.
If you are a store owner and would like more information or to have a starter kit, please write firstname.lastname@example.org
She was also recently asked to participate at the Oscar Gifting suites where your favorite stars get their hands on the best products available.
Strategic Partners, brand ambassadors, sponsors, friends and families are kindly asked to use #younight2014, #yourproductorservice #oohlabra #jbuliesblog and #geauxpink when promoting the event on twitter.
by Julie Angelos
height=”150″ /> Good things are going to happen and #geauxpink[/caption]