1. That I would be so visible in all of the world wherever there is internet. For some reason I thought I was still speaking to my immediate friends.
2. That people could laugh at me if they wanted. Sometimes they do but I mostly get compliments, thank goodness.
3. That everyone uses their blogs however they want in different ways to represent their own style. Some blogs have comments, some have books, some have lists, some have videos. Each person can make their blog completely personalized.
4. That the blogger community is extremely supportive. If you need help with anything there are endless forums to help you answer your questions. Or, you can post a new one. I did and got tons of quick answers.
5. That words are important. And can save lives. Take for example:
Let’s eat Grandma! versus Let’s eat, Grandma!
Believe it or not, a lot of people find my blog by typing those words into google.
6. That some people make money with their blogs,
7. That it takes more time and dedication than I thought. But like most projects the more you put into it the more you get out of it.
8. That I ♥ blogging.
9. That 97 percent of people want to write a book.
10. What’s a widget. I thought a widget was that wooden triangle piece you slip under a door to hold it open. Boy was a surprised. I have since discovered that widgets are the spice of life. You can see all my widgets on my right column. They are things like being able to see your categories, most popular posts and facebook links.
11. What’s a theme? Believe it or not, you get FREE themes. Themes are the overall looks of your site and you can choose whichever one suits you, just like a jacket.
You can even change as often as you want. I like mine for now but you never know. People love new looks. And it’s free.
12. That blogging would bring me increased confidence just like overcoming a fear.
14. That you would be reading this.
and just for fun, I’ll add another one. What would you add? What’s your number 14?
14. I wish I knew what social media was and how incredibly far reaching it is. I had seriously only heard the term social media at a garage sale buying a book. Things you should look into are twitter, facebook and now pinterest.
I’m seriously in awe of the amount of times I see people in real life who have read my latest posts.
What about you? What are your favorite widgets? Why do you blog? Why don’t you blog? What are your favorite blogs and why?
As always, thanks for visiting and commenting. Nice to see you.
- Write down my goal in very specific terms.
- Practise visualisations daily.
- Stay positive and have an attitude of gratitude.
- Tell people about my goal repeatedly and publicly.
- Act as if I had already achieved it.
- Take massive action to make it happen.
What am I reading? I loved this book because the writer wrote it in edit including tiny typos and everything. I really felt like I was at the White House reading it.
My Thirty Years Backstairs at the White House