Here’s a quick list that will get your started on having a nicer day now. Good luck and let me know how it goes.
1. Take a deep breath now, hold it as long as you can. Count to 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, release, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 and now another.
2. OK, two more deep breaths. Relax.
3. Concentrate on this word <> and close your eyes and take another two deep breaths, in through your nose out through your mouth.
4. Meditate. Concentrate on your third eye and just be peaceful. You can stop reading this! It’s okay!
5. Slow down. Try moving slowly.
6. Start each day as Gandhi did: Be the change you want to see.
7. Look for ways to help others.
8. Treat yourself great.
9. Be your own friend.
10. Go to the mirror and make funny faces.
11. Make yourself and/or a friend a nice cup of tea or coffee.
12. Take a long walk without music or distractions.
13. Clean. Go left to right, it works.
14. Be young in your heart.
15. Hug a tree.
16. Jump on one leg. Now the other. Do this in your mind’s eye. Or for real.
17. Spin like a child with your eyes closed. Do this in your mind’s eye. Or for real.
18. Hug someone. Even yourself.
20. Write something.
21. Be inspirational.
22. Forgive yourself.
23. Push yourself to be a little bit better.
24. Count to ten before reacting, or better yet, just let it slide.
25. Pet an animal.
26. Turn off the tv.
27. Sell something.
28. Give something away to charity.
29. Treat yourself to a something special.
30. Take a nice long relaxing bath or shower.
33. Make a list of three things you don’t want to do then do them.
34. Eat well. How’s a salad sound for your next meal? A big one!
36. Take a risk with love.
37. Write a message to someone wall saying thank you for being there.
38. Enjoy this moment.
39. Listening to affirmations.
40. Shine the light that God has given you.
41. Tell someone you love them.
42. No matter what your age, dream — even big if you’d like.
43. Remember a moment when you were blissful. Hold on to it.
44. Accept yourself for exactly who you are.
45. Send a REAL letter in the mail.
46. Give yourself a little break.
Thanks for reading and have a great day. I believe in you. I do.
In the comment section, I’d like to know what you can hear, smell and feel in this exact moment. What is around you? I can hear boys playing, the washing machine spinning and a distant car passing.