Hello there friend, how are you today?
My friend is always calling me and
bugging asking me about how I engage with my followers, increase my reach and go way out of my comfort zone to provide excellent, good, adeguate blog content on a steady basis to my favorite blog readers, like you.
I looked into it. For one, on my earlier days of blogging I wrote a piece called How to Increase Blog Traffic that I highly encourage you do similar. It was one of my most read pieces simply by the title alone, kind of a no brainer.
Look at it this way. You are one person, right sitting at your computer or cell phone trying to make good decisions on what is the best way to get your message out in a non spammy way to people who will once know, like and trust you.
Once they are in your circle of friends, you can do business with them if you choose, but let’s put it this way, if you don’t do anything, well, then you just are sitting there doing nothing.
Let me break it down for you. What are your options? You can go outside and take a walk, if you can walk, which I highly recommend you do. If you cannot walk, well, then dear friend, I send you a virtual extra hug and hope you can get some fresh air today!
Your options for increasing your reach on the interwebs are writing a blog, creating a website and using social media. Social media is broken down into popular, like facebook, yay, and less popular, like I won’t write it. But boo to, lame-o old methods.
Today’s topic is instagram and how Brittany went from 500 to 5000 followers in six months without using follow unfollow schemes and providing real and valuable content.
Here are my top tips.
- Improve your social media engagement with my free social media checklist
- You can turn on notifications when your favorite instagramers post by clicking on the three dots in the upper right hand corner and choosing to turn on post notifications. I don’t do this tho because my phone pings non stop. How about you? Do you want to be notified when your favorite people post?
- Use third party tools, like LingoJam to add fun fonts! Yay you!
- Use the white space in your profile. We think it is a good idea to insert line breaks into your bio by clicking on the enter key. Wait, what? Yes, use the white space.
- Check out your insights, if you like math, like me, to see who is clicking on what. Think of it like a garden and delete the posts that get low interaction. What I do is a picture then a quote, a picture then a quote. It makes a fun checkerboard pattern.
- Use high quality photographs. I am still working on this!
- Go live on stories! Stories are HUGE!
- Connect your instagram business account to your facebook business page, you can post on instagram and facebook at the same time too. I don’t do this though because i am a one by one kind a gal. I find a picture and say to myself, hey, this would look good on instagram, or hey this would be a great facebook inspirational message and post accordingly.
- Extend the 24 hour story period by saving them as a highlight.
- Use all of the 30 hashtags.
- Comment real comments on real people’s instagram feeds.
- Tag a product for sale. I like this one but we suggest you don’t over do it. Experts agree that 4 out of five pictures should be fun, engaging content and on the fifth one you can
spam your friends and try to sell them on your ideassell your amazing products.
I am by no means an instagram expert as you can see from this list but I do love learning. How about you? Do you like instagram? Do you use instagram?