My best friend kicks my bum in tennis and probably anyone elses. When we were playing at university we were great partners. We spent our time between matches actually doing cartwheels on the court.
We were paired up with a couple of strong guys who were so serious about tennis. One day our coach pulls us aside and assigns us new partners. Not those guys, Not those guys, we chanted — they’d kill us at tennis.
Sure enough, we found fantastic new partners, the super strong guys.
I’m building bridges here.
Stay with me folks. There IS a reason I’m telling you this.
The reason is this. I like to find what is behind someone’s motivation. Is it someone who comes over, puts your hand on your shoulder, smiles, and says good job, or is the person who gets behind you and yells ‘DO IT!’?
When I was on swim team in high school, my sister was my best motivator. She’d follow me back and forth across the lanes and scream ‘Go, Go!’ Her coaching strategy was swim toward the chocolate cake and away from the shark.
Be a kid and pretend you are the best. Walk across the room at this moment as if you have a cape on your back, I don’t care if anyone’s watching — all the better. Our mind will literally follow suit.
When my best friend and I were back playing singles tennis, she’d say Julie — You’re going down with such conviction, I had no other choice then to believe here. Guess what? She usually won. She still does.
The point is, get out there, do your best.
Go! Go! Just get out there and do it! Be the positive change you want to see. That’s all we can ask, isn’t it?
Have a positive mental outlook and a strong belief that you can win. If you don’t believe in yourself, well then, I do. Go!
There are a bunch of fleas put in a jar. They keep jumping super high. In fact, fleas can jump 60 times their height! The fleas are now in the jar jumping so high so high.
Then someone comes along and puts a cap on the jar. Bump bump bump. The fleas hit their heads. Ouch. They change their behavior and say in a tiny flea voice I will only jump as high as this lid. Ouch ouch ouch.
Then someone comes along and opens the jar. What do you think happens? Do the fleas jump super high or do they jump just as high as the lid?
Unfortunately they only jump slightly lower than lid. You know why? They learned they couldn’t jump any higher.
The point of the story is that we are all little fleas that can jump 60 times our height.
You can jump higher.
Please don’t let ANYONE ever tell you that you can’t do something that benefits yourself, humanity, your team or someone you love.
Even better do something for an enemy. Forgive them.
More Peeps?! WT~@#?
Tell me when you want me stop talking about this but I have a good number of visitors here. I think that’s unbelievable.
I just don’t know when I am going to get used to thinking I’m talking to more than my husband or children. Still it just floors me. I googled the question How many people visit your blog?
I keep getting referred back to one site and I found an interesting chart saying they get 20,000 visitors per week. I’m not buying it. Maybe they are. I just don’t know of any personally.
I am sure somewhere someone is. If so be brave, come forward, leave a comment. One guy said he got like I don’t know 250 per week when he wrote an iphone review. Probably.
Cough cough cough bull…bull. bologna.
Welcome new readers. I hope you become a regular visitor.
The bottom line is I am completely satisfied with the positive feedback I am getting and the steady increase in visitors. Thank you.
Do you like email? I don’t like it so much.
What do you think about the box that reads: If you are new you might want to consider adding me onto your email subscription? I wish someone would explain that to me. I personally don’t like email so much.
I do all of my communicating between my friends on facebook. What am I going to do with a HUGE list of emails? Sell them to marketers? No. Why? So they can send me junk mail that I trash?
I’m not going there. Am I wrong in thinking if someone wants to see what I am up to they can go to my site or drop me a line? People know how to bookmark, don’t they? Argh.
The first week I was blogging I added myself as a subscribe to my newsfeed by email button. I kept getting letters from myself and it was awful.
Reach for the moon. If you don’t make it at least your are somewhere amongst the stars.
This is my first blog post first published in 2009.
Serving a fresh brewed pot of hot delicious blog content for your reading pleasure.
I just read about a list of 100. The idea is to get all of your thoughts on the page. There are only two rules. The first is to start all entries with the number 100. The 2nd is to write it all out in one sitting. I made it only to 80 then took a break before coming back to finish and edit.
The reason this works is that it brainstorms to get all of your thoughts on the page. Then the benefit is that everyone can write a list and one day you can expand on one of your ideas. Or maybe someone else will. Also it provides a nice story of where you are in your life today.
1. 100 new ideas.
2. 100 reasons I love to blog.
3. 100 smiles.
4. 100 things I’d like to do right now.
5. 100 students who make me laugh.
6. 100 best paintings.
7. 100 pages.
8. 100 sweet things.
9. 100 rooms.
10. 100 fears of change.
11. 100 reasons change is good.
12. 100 comments on 100 blogs.
13. 100 best all time films.
14. 100 best all time books.
15. 100 times over. 16. 100 songs I love. 17. 100 books to read.
18. 100 ways to motivate you now.
19. 100 ways to write new rules.
20. 100 students who are going to ask me why.
21. 100 calls to my mom.
22. 100 beautiful people inside and out.
23. 100 friends I’ve reconnected with.
24. 100 best cities to visit.
25. 100 new words to learn.
26. 100 jokes.
27. 100 tickles for my kids.
28. 100 dinners I’d like to try cooking.
If. I. had. the. time. and. the. desire.
29. 100 ways to learn to love cooking.
30. 100 things I wish I knew before starting this blog.
31. 100 excuses I’ve heard.
32. 100 excuses I’ve made.
33. 100 places to publish your work.
34. 100 days on a cruise.
35. 100 animals I’d like to hold.
36. 100 kids who need help now.
37. 100 places who could use your help now.
38. 100 ways I’ve learned to give.
39. 100 ways to be generous.
without. spending. a. cent.
40. 100 ways to improve your writing. 41. 100 colors on my paintings. 42. 100 flowers in my garden.
waiting. for. spring. to. come.
43. 100 sounds in a symphony.
44. 100 yoga stretches.
45. 100 people I love.
46. 100 random thoughts.
47. 100 deep breaths.
48. 100 apples on 100 trees.
49. 100 places to go running.
50. 100 blogs to read.
51. 100 reasons writing a 100 list works.
52. 100 people who have influenced me.
53. 3 people who have influenced me most.
54. 100 dinners to serve.
55. 100 reasons I’m happy to be involved in community projects.
56. 100 quotes to sprinkle around.
57. 100 voices that sound like vanilla cinnamon.
58. 100 best metaphors.
59. 100 file folders neatly organized.
60. 100 stories in the news I hardly believe.
61. 100 great motivational words like inspire and empower.
62. 100 babies who are all grown up.
63. 100 adults who act like kids.
64. 100 years of happiness.
65. 100 types of love.
66. 100 upside down tickles.
67. 100 silly memories from my childhood.
68. 100 years of solitude.
69. 100 things I wish my teachers told me. 70. 100 things my teachers taught me.
71. 100 sports that make you strong.
72. 100 best all time athletes.
73. 100 best cities to live in.
74. 100 best quotations.
75. 100 best bible versus.
76. 100 best all time gadgets.
77. 100 things to give to charity.
78. 100 top wines. 79. 100 cool things to write on the back of sweat pants. 80. 100 all time best you tube videos.
81. 100 words that can change lives.
82. 100 minute lunch break.
83. 100 minute work out.
84. 100 best nature walks.
85. 100 countries in need.
86. 100 reasons to thrive today.
87. 100 pieces of wood to stack.
88. 100 ways to be a better person.
91. 100 ways to cook potatoes.
92. 100 different sports.
93. 100 miracles.
94. 100 stories to tell.
95. 100 people who have linked me to their site.
96. 100 uplifting positive things to say.
97. 100 people making a difference in this world.
98. 100 things to do before I die.
99. 100 ways to be excellent.
100. 100 discoveries.
101. 100 ways to go the extra mile.
102. 100 things to learn.
103. 100 toys.
104. 100 best cars ever.
105. 100 of my favorite stories.
106. 100 kinds of spices.
107. 100 ways to make cookies.
108. 100 ways to cook vegetables.
109 100 gallons of water.
110. 100 trips to Florence.
Like I said, I like to put in a little big extra. That’s why I wrote a little bit more.