August 8th, 2010 Reposting my first blog entry. Hope you like it. ~ J
I’ll be perfectly honest, this is my first post and my first blog. I have been faithfully reading some excellent blog sites and came across a nice guy who recommended some list making to help with decisions. This is a challenge to help you get your thoughts straight. The way it works is this: you write a list called 100 things, then you write something that has been on your mind lately, that is a decision you have to make.
There are only two rules. First you must start and complete the list all with in one sitting. Next you must start all of your 100 entries with the number 100.
I’ll give you an example of one I just made. Good luck and have fun.
I called my list 100 reasons
- 100 new flowers
- 100 houses to see
- 100 reasons to be happy with what I have
- 100 ways to do more yoga
- 100 excuses on why I don’t feel like it
- 100 times I have cheated on my diet
- 100 ways to be positive
- 100 things to teach
- 100 ways to be silent
- 100 ways to be kind
- 100 ways to learn
- 100 kisses for my family
- 100 papers to correct
- 100 meetings to attend
- 100 breaths to take
- 100 comments to make
- 100 pages to read
- 100 pages to write
- 100 rooms to clean
- 100 roses to smell
- 100 ways to fix your house
- 100 ways to make yourself happier
- 100 ways to think happy thoughts
- 100 ways to build your character
- 100 ways to avoid actual work
- 100 smiles
- 100 gifts to myself
- 100 things to throw away
- 100 friends I want to see
- 100 friends I want to hug
- 100 friends I’ve left behind
- 100 friends I have in my heart
- 100 days I’ve spent alone
- 100 times I’ve said I’m sorry
- 100 times someone has hurt me
- 100 times I’ve become a better person
- 100 calls to my mom and dad
- 100 thoughts about my sister
- 100 wishes for my brother
- 100 hearts filled with love
- 100 days of gratitude
- 100 days of eating well
- 100 days of running strong
- 100 positive thoughts
- 100 friends on facebook
- 100 places to go
- 100 silent moments
- 100 flowers to paint
- 100 possibilities
- 100 jobs I don’t want
- 100 jobs I do want
- 100 ways to be peaceful
- 100 times I’ve kissed my husband
- 100 times I’ve hugged someone
- 100 things to put away
- 100 trips back and forth
- 100 times happier
- 100 times believing in myself
- 100 times I do it alone
- 100 times I know I have help
- 100 times I don’t ask for help
- 100 times I cried myself to bed
- 100 places I want to go
- 100 smiles in 100 days
- 100 smiles in 100 ways
- 100 cities in the world
- 100 miles in a day
- 100 pictures that I cherish
- 100 what am I doing here now self doubts?
- 100 deep deep breaths
- 100 rants
- 100 things that make me laugh
- 100 perfumes to make me happy
- 100 deep tissue massages
- 100 feet massages
- 100 times I’d listen again
- 100 times I wish I had learned the first time around
- 100 things I want to accept
- 100 years is all I have
- 100 soft things like jelly, silk and cashmere.
- 100 dinner parties
- 100 things that I regret
- 100 things I think I deserve
- 100 things for which I am truly grateful
- 100 phone calls to make
- 100 worries I shouldn’t have
- 100 times I’ve told myself
- 100 times I’ve felt alone
- 100 times I’ve felt complete
- 100 toys to put away
- 100 investments I should have made
- 100 investments still to make
- 100 best cities to visit
- 100 best places to eat
- 100 illuminations
- 100 good things I’ve learned
- 100 things I want my children to know
- 100 ways to say yes to life
- 100 ways to share
100 miracles I see now
Hi friends. Welcome.
I am putting every ounce of myself to becoming a better blogger, writer and communicator.
More importantly is that I am trying to make a positive change in life.
Thank for visiting if this is your first time here. Welcome back visitors, feel free to leave comments, I truly appreciate them.
What motivates you?
My best friend kicks my bum in tennis and probably anyone elses. When we were playing at university we were great partners. We spent our time between matches actually doing cartwheels on the court.
We were paired up with a couple of strong guys who were so serious about tennis. One day our coach pulls us aside and assigns us new partners. Not those guys, Not those guys, we chanted — they’d kill us at tennis.
Sure enough, we found fantastic new partners, the super strong guys.
I’m building bridges here.
Stay with me folks. There IS a reason I’m telling you this.
The reason is this. I like to find what is behind someone’s motivation. Is it someone who comes over, puts your hand on your shoulder, smiles, and says good job, or is the person who gets behind you and yells ‘DO IT!’?
When I was on swim team in high school, my sister was my best motivator. She’d follow me back and forth across the lanes and scream ‘Go, Go!’ Her coaching strategy was swim toward the chocolate cake and away from the shark.
Be a kid and pretend you are the best. Walk across the room at this moment as if you have a cape on your back, I don’t care if anyone’s watching — all the better. Our mind will literally follow suit.
When my best friend and I were back playing singles tennis, she’d say Julie — You’re going down with such conviction, I had no other choice then to believe here. Guess what? She usually won. She still does.
The point is, get out there, do your best.
Go! Go! Just get out there and do it! Be the positive change you want to see. That’s all we can ask, isn’t it?
Have a positive mental outlook and a strong belief that you can win. If you don’t believe in yourself, well then, I do. Go!
Have a nice day and thank you for visiting.
Serving a fresh brewed pot of hot delicious blog content for your reading pleasure.
Here is my 2nd list of 100. My first was my first blog post in October. The idea is to get all of your thoughts on the page. There are only two rules. The first is to start all entries with the number 100. The 2nd is to write it all out in one sitting. I made it only to 80 then took a break before coming back to finish and edit.
The reason this works is that it brainstorms to get all of your thoughts on the page. Then the benefit is that everyone can write a list and one day you can expand on one of your ideas. Or maybe someone else will. Also it provides a nice story of where you are in your life today.
1. 100 new ideas.
2. 100 reasons I love to blog.
3. 100 smiles.
4. 100 things I’d like to do right now.
5. 100 students who make me laugh.
6. 100 best paintings.
7. 100 pages.
8. 100 sweet things.
9. 100 rooms.
10. 100 fears of change.
11. 100 reasons change is good.
12. 100 comments on 100 blogs.
13. 100 best all time films.
14. 100 best all time books.
15. 100 times over.
16. 100 songs I love.
17. 100 books to read.
18. 100 ways to motivate you now.
19. 100 ways to write new rules.
20. 100 students who are going to ask me why.
21. 100 calls to my mom.
22. 100 beautiful people inside and out.
23. 100 friends I’ve reconnected with.
24. 100 best cities to visit.
25. 100 new words to learn.
26. 100 jokes.
27. 100 tickles for my kids.
28. 100 dinners I’d like to try cooking.
If. I. had. the. time. and. the. desire.
29. 100 ways to learn to love cooking.
30. 100 things I wish I knew before starting this blog.
31. 100 excuses I’ve heard.
32. 100 excuses I’ve made.
33. 100 places to publish your work.
34. 100 days on a cruise.
35. 100 animals I’d like to hold.
36. 100 kids who need help now.
37. 100 places who could use your help now.
38. 100 ways I’ve learned to give.
39. 100 ways to be generous.
without. spending. a. cent.
40. 100 ways to improve your writing.
41. 100 colors on my paintings.
42. 100 flowers in my garden.
waiting. for. spring. to. come.
43. 100 sounds in a symphony.
44. 100 yoga stretches.
45. 100 people I love.
46. 100 random thoughts.
47. 100 deep breaths.
48. 100 apples on 100 trees.
49. 100 places to go running.
50. 100 blogs to read.
51. 100 reasons writing a 100 list works.
52. 100 people who have influenced me.
53. 3 people who have influenced me most.
54. 100 dinners to serve.
55. 100 reasons I’m happy to be involved in community projects.
56. 100 quotes to sprinkle around.
57. 100 voices that sound like vanilla cinnamon.
58. 100 best metaphors.
59. 100 file folders neatly organized.
60. 100 stories in the news I hardly believe.
61. 100 great motivational words like inspire and empower.
62. 100 babies who are all grown up.
63. 100 adults who act like kids.
64. 100 years of happiness.
65. 100 types of love.
66. 100 upside down tickles.
67. 100 silly memories from my childhood.
68. 100 years of solitude.
69. 100 things I wish my teachers told me.
70. 100 things my teachers taught me.
71. 100 sports that make you strong.
72. 100 best all time athletes.
73. 100 best cities to live in.
74. 100 best quotations.
75. 100 best bible versus.
76. 100 best all time gadgets.
77. 100 things to give to charity.
78. 100 top wines.
79. 100 cool things to write on the back of sweat pants.
80. 100 all time best you tube videos.
81. 100 words that can change lives.
82. 100 minute lunch break.
83. 100 minute work out.
84. 100 best nature walks.
85. 100 countries in need.
86. 100 reasons to thrive today.
87. 100 pieces of wood to stack.
88. 100 ways to be a better person.
89. 100 people who are reading this.
90. 100 favorite restaurants.
91. 100 ways to cook potatoes.
92. 100 different sports.
93. 100 miracles.
94. 100 stories to tell.
95. 100 people who have linked me to their site.
96. 100 uplifting positive things to say.
97. 100 people making a difference in this world.
98. 100 things to do before I die.
99. 100 ways to be excellent.
100. 100 discoveries.
101. 100 ways to go the extra mile.
102. 100 things to learn.
103. 100 toys.
104. 100 best cars ever.
105. 100 of my favorite stories.
106. 100 kinds of spices.
107. 100 ways to make cookies.
108. 100 ways to cook vegetables.
109 100 gallons of water.
110. 100 trips to Florence.
Like I said, I like to put in a little big extra. That’s why I wrote a little bit more.
Hope you are well. Thanks for visiting.